January 19, 2014
New PlayMemories Mobile ™ Version 4.0 app adds faster photo browsing and connection speeds; the new firmware adds Full HD video recording, expanded ISO range, and more.
The software update for the PlayMemories Mobile ™ application – Version 4.0 – will work with all Wi-Fi enabled Sony cameras plus the Cyber-shot QX series, and will be available immediately on Google Play ™ and App Store ™. The updated app will include:
- Built-in photo browser: The “Quick Viewer” photo browser has been added to the PlayMemories Mobile application. With it, you can smoothly navigate between captured images and view images in playback mode. Below are example screenshots:
- Screenshots: “Thumbnail view”, available for all captured images. A single image can be viewed by tapping the thumbnail:
- Improved speed and functionality – The latest version of the application will improve the connection speed when linking devices that work on the Apple iOS ™ platform. More specifically, the connection start-up time will be about twice as fast compared to previous versions of PlayMemories Mobile.
Sony will release another software update in Q2 2014 to improve connection speed with Android devices.
Additionally, there will be a firmware update for QX cameras this month that will add a variety of incredible capabilities, including:
- Full HD video recording (QX100 and QX10 models): Both Cyber-shot QX Series cameras will have the ability to record video in Full HD 1080p (1920 × 1080 @ 30p in MP4) after performing the firmware update.
- Shutter Priority (“S”) mode (QX100 only): Shutter Priority (“S”) mode will be added to the QX100 to allow direct access to shutter speed control.
- Extended ISO range (QX100 and QX10 models): Each of the cameras will be able to record at higher ISO settings for greater versatility in low light conditions. The ISO range of the QX10 model will be expanded from a maximum of ISO 1600 to ISO 3200. The ISO range of the QX100 model will be expanded from a maximum of ISO 3200 to ISO 12800.
- Screenshots: Shutter Priority mode “S” in the QX100 model. ISO control in the QX100 model in Mode “S”.
[+] Videos de nuestro canal de YouTube