November 5, 2014
The Ibero-American Institute for Social Sciences announced the call to III IBERIS Course, an initiative aimed at social communication professionals in Latin America with the aim of promoting greater knowledge of Spain and the European Union at a crucial moment in their histories. The call will close on November 14, 2014.
There will be 16 scholarships for professionals in social communication. The Iberis Course is sponsored by TELEFÓNICA SA (Spain).
The Course is aimed at journalists under 33 years of age with experience of at least five years of professional practice, who wish to deepen in the socio-political, economic and historical realities of Spain, as well as in the knowledge of the European institutions, protagonists in the political development and economic of the European Union.
In addition, it offers the possibility of knowing, from within, a means of communication in Madrid by professional practices for four or five days a week.
The Course has a duration of five months of March to July 2015 in Madrid. During this period, the participant attends academic sessions with prominent professors, experts, politicians and businessmen who teach sessions on various topics grouped into six academic cycles with a minimum of 300 teaching hours:
-The European Union. Failures, Successes and Challenges,
-The new challenges of Latin America.
-The media in the face of new business trends and market transformation.
– National and international terrorism.
– Spain and the Islamic world.
– Social, political, historical, economic and institutional realities of Spain from the Transition to the present.
In the practical aspect: a minimum of 1,150 hours will be developed through:
-Colloquia with Spanish leaders from different areas, as well as visits to the main institutions.
– Professional practices
– The preparation of a research work (of at least 35 pages).
Call for scholarships
To participate in this Course, the Ibero-American Institute for Social Sciences, with the sponsorship of TELEFÓNICA SA., announces 16 scholarships consisting of the following benefits:
- Enrollment in the five academic cycles of the Course.
- Round trip ticket to Madrid from the country of residence in Latin America.
- An economic aid of 5,000 euros distributed in five monthly payments. This amount is subject to the corresponding withholdings from the Ministry of Finance.
- Non-pharmaceutical health insurance.
- Accident and repatriation insurance.
Candidates must be university graduates with at least five years of professional experience, be less than 33 years old when starting the Program, be nationals of Latin American countries – excluding residents of the European Union – and currently work in the area of social communication in Latin American countries.
To register they should complete all The sections of the request on-line (http://www.cursoiberis.com/). Applications that are incomplete or those that do not meet the requirements set for candidates who opt for this program will not be taken into account.
The shortlisted They will be summoned to a personal interview in their countries of origin during which they will have to provide the required documents (academic titles, three letters of references, as well as an essay on their motivations for participating in the program) that will be indicated in advance.
The final selection is in charge of a Selection Committee appointed by the Institute and the final decision will be final.
The Director of the IBERIS Course will notify the candidate of the grant or denial of the scholarship, indicating the maximum term to confirm the acceptance of the same and the way to do it. In no case will the documentation provided in the selection process be returned.
– The enjoyment of the scholarship will be incompatible with any other type of scholarship or economic remuneration, without the knowledge and authorization express from the director.
– The director will confirm regularly, in collaboration with the media and companies, the adequate participation and progress of the scholarship holders, in order to ensure the expected level of success.
– Any lack of attendance or three absences of punctuality to the academic sessions or professional practices or the breach of the schedule established for the different activities of the Program will give rise to the immediate interruption of the scholarship and the expulsion of the Program as well as the claim of all funds received by the fellow so far.
[+] Videos de nuestro canal de YouTube